Toshi in Little Tokyo





Toshi Sushi, 359 E. 1st Street, LA CA 90012, 213-680-4166, is a place I have walked and driven past hundreds of times. My buddy, Jeffe and I wanted to go check out the Dennis Hopper exhibit at MOCA so we had hoped for a quick sushi lunch but that didn't happen. This is a slow meal place. The interior is great and the vibe is really comfortable with a little bit of a high-end edge. The sushi wasn't super fresh and the rice wasn't excellent. Lunch in Little Tokyo is very competitive so I would like to go there for dinner and give them another try. The problem is, there are so many other places in Little Tokyo that give you a great sushi lunch but I'd give Toshi Sushi another try at night, when some sake or a cold beer might smooth out the edges a bit.

Comments

Popular Posts