Figaro Bistrot in Silver Lake




Lunch with my friend Photographer Bill Short is always a pleasure. We decided to go to the Figaro Bistrot at 1802 North Vermont Ave LA CA 90027, 323-662-1587, for lunch. We'd both been there in the past but it'd been a while for either of us. This eatery location is near and dear to my heart because it use to be the Onyx or Sequel coffee shop where a lot of artists performed and showed their work in the late 80's and early 90's. Now it's a French inspired place and I have to say the food is quite wonderful. Bill had the seared tuna salad and I the Salad de Fromage et Chevre. Both equally delicious, rich and filling. However, my favorite was the Escargot au beurre persille. The tender pieces drenched in that butter garlic is so naughty. Just thinking about it makes me imagine my arteries clogging but I cannot resist. Resistance is futile!

Comments

Popular Posts