The Edison in Downtown LA






This was my second time at the the Edison in Downtown LA, located at 108 West 2nd Street #101, L.A. 90012, 213-613-0000. There's a dress code. The first time I went, about three years ago, they had a kind of burlesque dance group and the place was crazy packed. I had made reservation online and so i believe that's why they let me and my friend in immediately when I arrived. I have heard that they often are packed and/or choosy about who they let in and so people are often waiting in line behind the velvet rope. This time, however, we went right after work and so it was happy hour but way before the party crowd so we got in quick and got a nice table to sit at. I had a Bass on tap which was delicious. The staff is really fantastic. I had asked about the light beer called Edison but decided on the Bass. The server brought me a sample of the Edison with my Bass. How cool was that. I ordered the fish and chips which I really enjoyed. White fish with a light fried batter and sliced potato discs like chips, DELICIOUS! I also shared the Elvis for dessert, a peanut butter and banana sandwich with caramel dip. My goodness, it's enough to curl your lip! I loved it! The cavernous room was the power generator room back in the day so they did this amazing interior design playing off the equipment and various industrial sections. It's really a cool experience.

Comments

Popular Posts