YXTA Cocina Mexicana





YXTA Cocina Mexicana is located at 601 South Central Avenue in Downtown LA, CA 90021, 213-596-5579. I was impressed with the valet only and interior. It's kind of fancy for it's neighborhood but soon the friendly people there made us feel welcomed. I may have been the only guy who didn't have a tie on or at least it felt like that. I asked what YXTA meant and it was the name of the owners professor at Loyola Law School. Interesting...I guess? I ordered the Enchilada de Mole. I love Mole! YXTA's mole is delicious, not very spicy and light. The enchilada was tender and filling. The rice was excellent and the beans scorched my mouth. Was that chipotle refried beans? It was like Thai food. Angelene ordered a salad and Bueno ordered a torta. They couldn't finish their meal, so dainty, so yours truly got to sample and they were delicious. We joke that if I were a pro wrestler, my name would be THE SAMPLER!!!! I asked the server if the flan was homemade and she said that they have a resident baker who makes the flan. Of course we have to try this I said and we shared it. It was a mysterious flan. It looked like flan. In fact it looked beautiful but it tasted and the texture was that of cheese cake. I was in a state of disbelief throughout my devouring of it. That's how we rolled...

Comments

Popular Posts