Gus's Barbecue





Gus's Barbecue is located at 808 Fair Oaks Avenue, South Pasadena CA 91030 626-799-3251. First of all, I apologize for the half eaten ribs photos. I began eating before I remembered to take photos. We were hungry and we wanted to be on time to the experimental music concert across the street, which by the way included Non credo, Walter Zooi and son, Cat Hair Ensemble and a kick-but piano piece by Motoko Honda. Anyway, Gu's is kind of on the fancy side for a BBQ place but the service is good and the people are very nice. DRE bass player, Peter Watkinson, ordered the chili which was on the tomatoy side and had black beans, very lip smacking. The St. Louis ribs were solid and didn't really require any sauce. The Memphis short ribs were also tender and delicious. The meat just fell off the bones. The feeling of fullness still lingers in me, plus the cold night air really added to the romance of having ribs before a great night of sound. I also included Peter's truck parked near the LA River. It sorta added for me the culture of going to eat ribs for dinner.

Comments

Popular Posts