Food





Food, 10571 Pico Blvd LA CA 90064 (310-441-7770) is off of Overland near Fox Studios or Cheviot Hills Park. My friend David Ritter told me that the owners are all from NY and I guess they modeled it after a place called Food in the 60's. I am not sure if I remember the story clearly but it's something like that. It's clean, comfortable and well designed. The seating is minimal. The counter is filled with salads and baked goods. There's a drink and refridgeration section in the back. The next room across the counter seems to be the kitchen which apparently equals the size of the shop itself. Impressive. The food was excellent. I ordered the cobb deconstructed. I like the art movement reference. I drank a mint herbal tea which came with a strainer that I'd never seen before. The tea was excellent. Lastly, the dessert. There was a variety to choose from but I settled on the blackberry almond cake. The crust and top was cookie like but not too sweet, the inside was moist with that wonderful baked berry sensation. I loved it and plan to be back next week. Did I mention the staff was warm and friendly? You could feel the passion for food in this place.

Comments

Popular Posts