Carneys


Carneys has two locations in LA. Last night after the Allan Kaprow performance by Steve Roden at LACE, we went to the one at 8351 Sunset Blvd in West Hollywood, 323-654-8300. I started going there in the early 80's but it's been around since the late 60's. It's opened til quite late so it's a great place to show up with rowdy friends and eat a hot dog or chili burger. The restaurant is an actual train that they hauled to the Sunset strip. I love their chili fries and Chicago dog. It's an awesome combo!!! So naughty and mouthwatering. One of my favorite memories of the place is when we walked in. I think it was around the late 80's. Sitting at one of the tables was four people including a thin young African American man with a lot of make up on. They were laughing and having a good time and I couldn't help but think I had seen him before. Later on I realized that he'd been on SNL in minor roles. It was Chris Rock and who knew that he'd become the mega-star in just a year or two? That's Hollywood for you.

Comments

fabgear said…
Here is something very telling about a place-I used to work there while in highschool in the late 70s
(Oh gawd...) I liked it then and nothing really has changed. I'd go there over Pinks ANYDAY.

Coolest star sighting at the time (for me) - Ronnie Spector, she came in 2 days in a row. Navy eyeliner and everything.
CAFE LA LA said…
Very cool. I'll google Ronnie Spector.

Popular Posts