Tompkins Square Bar and Grill




Tompkins Square Bar and Grill is on the corner of Manchester and Lincoln, 8522 Lincoln Blvd, Westchester CA. They have awesome hamburgers and a lot of various draft beers. The place gets pretty crowded and on Wednesday evenings they have a Trivial Pursuit Tournament. I enjoy the multitudes of flat screens that are usually on a game. Last night it was the Lakers VS the Nuggets. The Lakers won! It was their first back to back W this season. YAY!!! The owner of Tompkins is a very charismatic man who has so much pride about his place it makes the food and beer taste that much better and the place that more welcoming.

Last night, artists Seth Hoercher, Jeffery James Mohr and I went for a late dinner after our 9-hole-in-the-thick-December-fog golf game (It's a 15 hole course. It used to be 18 but LAX took away a chunk of the course at one point). last night, you couldn't see the hole from the tee and I lost a couple of balls in the fog. It was fun but you knew the few other parties playing couldn't see you either so a couple of times a ball from another party would land near you. No one got hurt, It's all good. In fact, it was awesome; like being in England with werewolves. It was my third time playing golf. I hit a lot fewer divots this time and my arms aren't as sore this morning. The course is across the street more or less from Tompkins. There's nothing like a beer after golf. I guess I've already started some bad golf habits.

Comments

Popular Posts