Suriyo





I heard that the view from the roof seating area was very pretty. Well, unfortunately, it was too cold today but our birthday lunch for Jorge Pardo was a lot of fun at Suriyo, which he pronounced "surreal". Suriyo is located at 4114 Santa Monica Blvd, LA CA 90029, 323-662-9052 in Silver lake, right where SM ends at Sunset Blvd.

We had an assortment of Satay's, curries, brown rice, Thai ice teas, etc. It's all good and the service was very sweet. we got there early for lunch so we were the only ones there. The cold winter air made it feel like we were in New York or the Bay Area. The Holiday lights were up and everyone ate till we got sleepy.

I sensed the server ordered the food not so spicy for us but it could have been a little bit hotter for me. The portions where decent and the lunch price is very reasonable. I can't say it's the best Thai food I ever had but it sure was a lot of fun.

Comments

Sarah said…
so where is the best thai food you have ever had? In LA?
CAFE LA LA said…
Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your question.

In 1991, When I was working with master Thai artist Vibul Wonparasat on his SPARC mural, he and his wife treated me to dinner at a restaurant on Melrose Avenue just east of Vermont Blvd in Thai Town. I am not certain what he ordered but I believe because we were his guests, the chef prepared an authentic Thai dinner unknown to the menu of the restaurant. I have never had Thai food like that before since but hope to at some point.

Popular Posts