JR's BBQ





Photographer David Yamamoto, who loves his BBQ, has been telling me to go to JR's for months now. JR's is located at 3055 South La Cienega Blvd Culver City CA 90232, 310-837-6838. It's where La Cienega meets Fairfax (for you painters out there, it's where Nova Colors is). I met Robert there. I think he's the co-owner or owner but I'm not sure. He was very kind and funny. The interior is clean and old school with lots of photos of celebrities who love the food there. I ordered a pork ribs plate with "hot" sauce on the side. This "hot" sauce cleared my sinuses but it was just enough so you could still enjoy the meat. I have had sauce so hot you can't taste anything anymore and what's the point of that? Lots of meat on these ribs. I got so full. The sides where delicious and the sweet potato pie was excellent. Next time, I am definitely ordering the rib-tips and the Sock-it-to-me cake. Also, they have a HD TV screen playing college football. What more do you need? Thanks Robert!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, why didn't you invite me? You could have at least called.
I know where Nova Color is, and I want that pie

Popular Posts