Nick's on Spring Street (Chinatown) REVISITED










 Located at 1300 N Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90012-1840, Nick's has been around for deep decades, also I've been eating breakfast at this place for not as deep decades. Back then, this area was completely different. There was no park, there was no Metro, there was no other restaurants in the immediate neighborhood.  It was always crowded, with many government employees, from the PD to DWP workers to suits and dresses from City Hall. I was working for Metro and would often meet community leaders or artists I was working with there for a morning meeting. I've never seen the toy train make it's round the circular track just below the ceiling but I do remember fondly the Earthquake cake, which I was devastated the time I learned they stop selling it. Joyfully, the salsa is still in the squeeze bottle.  

Comments

Popular Posts