Coffee Tomo in Sawtelle



 One of the newest coffee shops in the Sawtelle district. It's located at 11309 Mississippi Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90025-6227, and is next door to some other new eats.

I got a surprise text from Jonathan Van Harmelen aka Phd candidate and contributor for Densho.org. We were together at the Smithsonian in 2015 under Katherine Ott, which feels like a lot more than eight years ago.

This was both of our first time at Coffee Tomo. I really like the interior, shelves of coffee stuff, dark stained wood against white walls. It's a good look.

It still has a new place vibe. I hope it grows patina and then feels like a neighborhood coffee spot in the near future. I miss Balconi. One of my favorite things was bumping into David Ritter or Kio. You walked in thinking you could read your book or work on your lap top but end up seeing someone you hadn't in a while. Catching up while time stopped, only to notice an hour or two had passed already. I hope Coffee Tomo grows that community in time. My Americano was delicious. I like being asked "paper or ceramic"?

Comments

Popular Posts