Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar and Grill at the GROVE








 For my LA Free Press/ Art Kunkin Collection AIR , I interviewed photographer Loretta Ayeroff, who I met through experimental music composer Carl Stone, my professor from the early 1980's. Loretta was once on the cover of the Freep and used to own a lingerie store in. Los Angeles in the 1960's.

Afterwards, we walked to the GROVE and decided to try this sushi place. Normally, i don't choose Sushi because i can be so damn picky but although i walked in with slightly low expectations, it was pretty good, not great but good. Unfortunately, I have to be honest and tell you that the garlic fries where the best thing we ordered. Not a good impression for a mid-priced sushi place. The highlight of course was having a meal with Loretta Ayeroff, who is extremely charming and the keeper of great anecdotes. That, will save any meal.

Comments

Popular Posts