Cope's Knotty Pine Cafe in Bakersfield CA

' Again, counter seat, my favorite! It was by chance that I dropped in Cope's Knotty Pine Cafe for breakfast but WHAT A FIND!!!! It was the first time I'd spent time in Bakersfield. I'd driven through it before and once my Daughter's high school basketball team played there but this trip felt like my first time there. It was only a two day trip but I had a really great time, met a lot a nice folks and ate some great meals. I asked, as I so often do, what the most popular dish was and without hesitation, the server said Chicken Fried Steak. "You want toast, (i don't remember) or biscuits and gravy?" That's such a loaded question. Anyway, the B&G was incredible, with a white thick gravy you could almost stand your fork in and with those little bits of pork. So good. I smothered everything in that gravy. I will admit that I ate that around 10AM and didn't eat another meal till around the same time the next day.

Comments

Popular Posts