Milford's Seafood in Spokane Washington

So, after the game, my son brought me to a seafood shop that many of the Gonzaga Men's Basketball Team and staff frequent. Milford's Sea Food House is a festive and OG restaurant in Spokane Washington and it's basketball season, so when you walk in with team forward, Rui Hachimura, you are with a star. Everyone wants to say hello, share words of encouragement and yes, even a selfie and autographs occasionally. Co-owner and chef Jerry Young joined us too and had warm and friendly things to say to Rui about his support for the team and its legacy. The food was superb!!!! I had a Chilean Bass, which Chef Jerry recommended to me. It was so good. I can still taste it. When the chef recommends something on the menu, even though you wanted to try the Steelhead because it's local and you've never had Steelhead, it's best to take the advice of the chef. I was only in Spokane for a day, enough time to see a home game and have some rare time with my son. It's easy to see how the town appreciates this magical basketball program. Everywhere I went, there's Gonzaga basketball memorabilia and gear. Not everyone is a basketball fan but it feels like everyone is a fan of the the team and with that comes a special type of City pride that is hard to quantify but it's tangible. Major shout outs to the team and staff and the coaches. Like most who know a thing or two about the program, I have so much respect and gratitude toward Coach Dan Munson. Clearly, his vision for the team, even though he's not on the staff anymore, has flourished. Coach Munson is with the CalState Long Beach Men's Basketball Team and is directly the reason why my son is at Gonzaga now. There's nothing I can do to ever repay Coach Munson and his crew for the doors he's opened for my son. It's unbelievable.

Comments

Popular Posts