Kohii in Little Tokyo

Kohii is a newish coffee place in the building my doctor's office is located in Little Tokyo; 420 E 3rd St #107, Los Angeles, CA 90013. I asked my doctor if the coffee was good and she said she liked Starbucks so I changed the subject. It was indeed a good cup of jo. They have fairly limited hours (because it's a medical office building). The folks working there are really great; friendly and warm but are serious about their coffee. The roast they use is Common Ground, a local roast that has been in LA for decades. Actually, I think, their original shop is on Rose in Venice Beach and they roast in Marina Del Rey. That's pretty local. Kohii is the pronunciation of coffee in Japanese. Their icon is a pineapple so I suspect there's some Hawaiian connection there.

Comments

Popular Posts