Jack and Dan's in Spokane Washington

I brag all the time about my kids. That's one of the fringe benefits of being a parent. My son is the Graduate Manager of the Gonzaga Men's Basketball Team. He's been there since the summer of 2016, so yes, he was on the management staff during that magical year. However, it wasn't until this past weekend that I finally made it to Spokane to see a home game. Even though it was during winter break and the student body had gone home, the stadium was packed with adults and families, it was glorious and loud and more importantly they won, albeit during overtime and against a non-ranked team. Afterwards, my son brought me to dinner, along with Forward Rui Hachimura. That was wonderful. After that, we dropped Rui off at his dorm my son brought me to Jack and Dan's, a bar owned my John Stockton's family. Unfortunately, Stockton's father, who owned and ran the bar, passed away last year, so major shout out's to the legendary point guard and his family. At Jack and Dan's, we were joined by Assistant Coach Tommy Lloyd and Team Analytics Coordinator, Riccardo Fois. Coach Lloyd and Riccardo are indicative of the amazing family-like persona of the Gonzaga family and to think that my son is part of that is overwhelming to me. The beer was smooth and delicious. The evening was super-real and surreal and deeply heartwarming.

Comments

Popular Posts