Arthur's in Redlands

I had never been to Redlands but I've passed by many many many times. I have some friends who graduated from there and Marco Schindelman and Michael Raco Rand teach there so I thought I'll swing by on my way home from Joshua Tree. I drove around but couldn't discover anything. I saw a guy on his late morning run and stopped to ask if he could recommend somewhere for breakfast and he said without hesitation, Arthur's, 1913 Mentone Blvd., Redland CA. It's a local favorite with a country flair. I got there before the Sunday morning rush. I ordered the Chicken Fried Steak, which was very good. That gravy is unbeatable. My easy-over eggs wasn't two like most places, they give you three. The potatoes were superb. I love the coffee cup, it's a classic diner's coffee cup. The servers were really sweet and welcoming. The owner, not so much. I don't know why owners are often not people persons. Someone must have done a study on that. I know my dad was not a people person and so that's why it was important for my mom to run the front of the restaurant. I had a great time and would love to go back someday, really friendly vibe.

Comments

Popular Posts