Yong Su San in Koreatown











I was over my friends Hiromi and Rick Alpers one night and they played me these DVD's of Korean Soap Operas set in ancient Korea where the story centered around the family of cooks and kitchen staff for the Royal Family. This series and many like it ignited a renaissance in traditional Korean cuisine. Recently, they told me of a place that served such food, which is different from the BBQ and soon tofu dishes we may be familiar with. I'm told that famous people from Korea, wealthy families from Korea, and business executives dine here. Case in point, lunch is the more affordable way to go, which Jeffe and I did. It was quite a magical lunch. Starting with the valet parking, couldn't help but notice all of the brand new Mercedes, Porches and high end luxury cars. The lobby is really lovely and sets the tone. We did not have reservations but they found us a table. The service was really wonderful. I can tell they knew we were fish out of water ad accommodate our naivete. There are several courses, we picked one in our budget and were absolutely satisfied, happy and in love with the food, it's preparation, grace and depth. Yong Su San is located at 950 S Vermont Ave LA CA 213-388-3042

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Alan,
Photos look great!
I'm ready to go back anytime you are. -Rick

Popular Posts