Tinga on La Brea






Thank you to P Knitty and Tom for recommending Tinga located at 142 South LA Brea Ave, LA CA 90036. I was disappointed with my short rib tacos but the Tinga chicken tostados were amazing. The tacos had this potato paste on the bottom and it overshadowed the ribs. The Tinga Chicken tostado was super delicious with spices and great flavor. The Elote Special, roasted corn mix of chilies and spices, was delicious with the tacos and chips. The chips here are excellent. They even sell them in bags. The frescas are yummy. I got the blueberry ginger and artist Megan DeArmond got the watermelon. I think the item that took the prize for me was the coconut macaroon which they poured a homemade caramel on. This kicked butt!!! It's pricey Mexican food. I left feeling full and good but later I thought about it and felt $35 for tacos and a tostado lunch is a bit much. Not sure if I'd go back although I sort of would like to try the Adobo Burrito.

Comments

Popular Posts