Scotty's in Whittier






My first lunch in Whittier. Had a meeting at the Central Library. I asked artist Jane Gillespie Pryor, who lives there, what would be a good OG Whittier place and her husband recommended Scotty's. Located at 8426 Laurel Ave Whittier CA 90605, the exterior is no nonsense but the interior is classic. The servers were totally awesome. You can tell they we're determined for you to have a good eating experience. I enjoyed deciding what to eat with their input. It was fun. So Jane and I shared 1) Sourdough Roast Beef MElt with Au JU and Onion Rings, 2) Chicken Sandwich and 3) Banana Split. Robert made the B Split, the servers were specific with that info. It was in a bowl and huge. I liked the O rings, crunchy and thick. The roast beef was thinly sliced but not really flavorful but it was saved by this awesome roasted green chili and butter toasted sourdough. The chicken was also on a delicious bread and the avocado/chicken combo was great. Jane said it had too much mayo but I like mayo, I was fine with it. It was a great experience. I would love to go back someday.

Comments

Popular Posts