Langers at Mac Arthur Park






When I first started working at Metro, my boss at the time, Jessica Cusick, swore that Langers at the best pastrami in town. Even though I went to Otis for my undergraduate, I had never been to Langers. Jessica lived in NY for many years so I respected what she said. The key to their pastrami beyond the fresh and tender pastrami is the smothering of coleslaw and that Russian dressing. The rye bread is fresh and delicate. I also enjoy their cream soda, which is homemade. I was there last week with photographer Bill Short and his assistant John. John got the brisket and Bill ordered the cornbeef. Bill and I shared halves. I have to say I like my pastrami. So good. Not too salty but meaty and delicate. In the past, I've ordered the potato pnacakes and I love their matzo ball soup. Langers is located on the corner of 7th Street and Alvarado, across the street from MacArthur Park and four stores south of the MacArthur Park/ Westlake Metro Station.

Comments

Popular Posts