Rib Company in Joshua Tree





I had this amazing opportunity the other week to go visit the Harrison House in Joshua Tree. This is the hay architecture structure built by Lou Harrison towards the last part of his life. Harrison's longtime friend and filmmaker/dancer Eva Soltes was kind to let me watch her Indian Dance rehearsal with live musicians. The ambiance and acoustics were incredible. It was an amazing experience. Two hours of ancient movement and sounds later, I packed up my stuff and drove home. All that magic made me hungry and I had eyed this rib place that morning so I decided to stop and get a bite to eat. It may have been a little sacrilegious to eat "cow" after Indian dance and music but, oh well. The Rib Co. is located at 72183 29 Palms Highway, 29 Palms CA, 760-367-1663. The Prime Rib was on special so that's what I ordered. It came with a salad and mashed potatoes. The prime rib was dreamy, so tender like butter, melting in your mouth and heavenly juices with the :good" fat oozing. It was awesome!!!! The mashed potatoes were homemade and scrum-scious. What an amazing dinner. it gave me so much energy, the ride back to LA was cakewalk. Driving out of the parking lot that night, ZZ Top was blasting on my stereo and my little Yaris felt like a GTO (don't judge me).

Comments

tee said…
COOL! So much culture in the desert. I think it's time for a road trip...will fill you in on the adventure when I get there.
CAFE LA LA said…
Look forward to hearing about it!

Popular Posts