Pierce College Farm Center in Warner Center





I was tired of traffic on my way to Camarillo and decided to take the next exit off and just rest a bit. The exit was DeSoto Ave in Warner Center and I found myself driving past Pierce College. This is where I saw a pig for the first time in Elementary School. It was field trip through the Memorial Library and a bunch of us went. The pig was at least six feet long and nursing little ones in a muddy pen. It was awesome. I had no idea they could get that big. Anyway, I'm driving down DeSoto and at DeSoto and Victory Blvd, across the street from the Orange Line Station, was this amusement park like place with a petting zoo, a huge corn field which they turn into a Halloween maze in October, and a very cool little store they sell local goods and produce called the Pierce College Farm Center. People were very cool and explained to me the connection with the college, etc. They had delicious strawberries, peaches, vegetables and preserves. I got a jar of special salsa and a bunch of strawberries. Everything was delicious and made me feel refreshed enough to get back in that traffic.

Comments

Popular Posts