Juniors on Westwood Blvd





I finished one of two classes for the UCLA Oral History Program Saturday and was hungry. Drained from the session, I was driving down Westwood Blvd, and there were a lot of choices. You know when you're really hungry and you can't make up your mind? I was at that point, so by the time I made it down to Pico, that "JUNIORS" sign really caught my eye. Juniors is located at 2379 Westwood Blvd. LA CA 90064. When I walked in, I was taken with the first glance of the clientele. It seemed to me predominately older Jewish customers. I got that feeling, oh, I may be the only Asian in the room. I got that feeling that maybe I wasn't supposed to be there but everyone was so nice and the servers were very friendly that that feeling quickly dissolved. I have to say, much like the other "diners" in town, this place is not inexpensive. I ordered a "Grammy", which can come either pastrami or corned beef (chose pastrami), with a chocolate milkshake. The meal came out to around $20. I have to say, it was well worth it. The chocolate shake was one of the best I ever had. In fact, I was telling my friends about it last night. Frosty glass cup, chocolate ice cream whipped to a chilled consistency, fresh whipped cream, it was awesome. The pastrami was amazing. They bake their own rye bread! Can you believe it? The pastrami was excellent, tender, rich and not too salty but just salty enough to make you bite into the pickle. They put fresh home style coleslaw and a Russian dressing that is just perfect. I was pleasantly surprised with Juniors.

Comments

sojung said…
my favorite bakery in LA!
CAFE LA LA said…
O! Thanks Sojung, I forgot to mention the bakery. It did look yummy and there were quite a few customers. I didn't check it out. I was close to a food coma, passing the bakery and walking towards the door.

Popular Posts