Chado Tea Room, Little Tokyo






In the building of the Japanese American National Museum is the Chado Tea Room, an amazing haven-like cafe that specializes and I mean specializes in the culture of tea. It's the most civilized act I did all week. The address is 369 E 1st Street Los Angeles, CA 90012. They had this really cool attachment to the tea pot so you don't have to secure the lid with your hand when pouring. It's so cool. I had a tea called Margaret's Hope, a British tea. In the tea menu it said it was the "ace of the fall".

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love Chado! Your description and photos brought back fond memories of afternoon tea and scones, delicious soups, and lovely salads. One thing though--the address for the Little Tokyo location is 369 E 1st Street Los Angeles, CA 90012. Already looking forward to my next visit!
CAFE LA LA said…
AHHH! I stand corrected, you're correct. I guess that other address is another one of their locations, which makes me want to visit that one as well. Thanks you so much for catching that!

Popular Posts