Church and State





Church and State is located at 1850 Industrial LA CA 90021, 213-405-1434. It's in a really cool retrofitted industrial building just east of where LACE was back in the day. Now this neighborhood is a little on the high end side compared to what it was once like. I ordered the Escargot de Bourgogne and the Loop de Mer. Snails and fish, what else could you ask for? This meal was brilliant. The escargot came in individual tiny bowls with delicate thin crusts on top like croissants. I used the flaky crust to soak up the leftover garlic butter. I was in a zone. The escargot was tender and drenched in garlic and parsley butter. This was heavenly. In between plates, one of the servers came up to me and asked what did I just eat? Evidently, some of the customers were watching me in my culinary nirvana. I hope they ordered this dish and attained it as well. The Sea Bass was baked to a crispy skin and juicy aromatic meat. The generous portions of delicately sliced chanterelle mushrooms made this fish dish supernatural. This lunch was not cheap. I paid just under $50 but dare I say it? It was worth it! I can't drink liquor while working. I imagine if I had had a white table wine with this meal to open my pallet more, they may have had to wheel me out.

Comments

Popular Posts