Twoheys




Sometimes, my mind wanders and I recall tastes of certain meals from my childhood, when my little brother looked the part and carb intake was not a issue. I guess this is what you call a craving. Twohey's is the place where the craving can be satisfied. Twohey's has been there a really long time. It's located at 1224 North Atlantic Blvd, Alhambra CA 91801, 626-284-7387. It's not uncommon that your server's been working there for several decades and has a smile so honest that you decide the heck with the diet, I'm ordering ice cream. When you first walk in, there's a display of the "soda pop" you can order. The Stewart's Key Lime Soda immediately caught my eye. It was like love at first sight. We were seated near the window. We ordered the garden salad which was huge, the Stinko Burger (lots of onions), onion rings (the kind I used to make for my little brother) and the Royal Banana Split. The banana split had old school ice cream that reminded me of Carnations Ice Cream circa 1976, homemade maraschino cherries, homemade whip cream and crushed fresh roasted almonds. It was amazing, humongous and memorable.

Comments

Popular Posts