Gram's BBQ Palace; entry 350




Gram's BBQ Palace is located in historic Downtown Riverside, 3527 Main Street, Riverside CA 92501, 951-782-8219. What a find. Painter Dana Liston and I went to go check out the Riverside Art Museum. Megan Whitmarsh, one of my favorite artists, had several works in a group show there. She's quite awesome. I was first introduced to her work through her comic zine "Snow Monkeys" but she's really blossomed into whimsical and editorial 2 and 3 dimensional work. Afterwards, Dana and I were hungry. We followed our instincts and found Gram's BBQ Palace. The catfish was excellent. Toasty breaded outside and steamy lush catfish inside. The candied yams were excellent. I was so full, I didn't order the dessert I had eyed when I was placing my order earlier. Dana had the pulled pork sandwich which she loved, couldn't finish, and said was very spicy. The servings here are a little bit more than most. Sharing a dinner and making room for dessert might be a better approach. This is my 350th entry for this blog. Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts