Los Lagos



Los Lagos, 4310 E. Cesar Chavez, LA CA 90022, caught my eye today, with it's new business signage. I swerved into the mini mall parking and walked in. it's a small place with maybe five tables. The interior is very low tech but newly painted. I was clearly the only non-Spanish speaking person in the whole place which had several tables of people enjoying their lunch. I'm sure I stood out. The waitress only spoke Spanish but I managed to order what I wanted. The customers immediate to my left and right coached my Spanish and soon I was enjoying two delicious tacos; corn tortillas with sauce, fried shrimp and fish, lettuce and salsa. I have to say that rarely find myself in a Spanish-only place to eat but the waitress and chef were so gracious and supportive, I felt right at home.

Comments

Popular Posts