Chango




I really like Echo Park. There are a lot of places to eat, shop and hang. It's got a lot of good vibe to it and interesting mix of new transplants and Latino families and artists, etc. On Echo Park Blvd. sits a coffeehouse called Chango, 1559 Echo Park Avenue, LA CA 90026, 323-977-9161. In this little strip of retail shops are fashion and art places, a market and other things that don't open until later in the day. There used to be a bookshop there where I first saw the artwork of Megan Whitmarsh (Snow Monkeys). Today, I had an "Elixir Recharge" hot tea and a red velvert cup cake. Now this morning, I woke up under-the-weather and even though a cupcake is not a orthodox remedy, I thought the brilliant red would cheer me up with my Elixir Recharge and also the cashier reccomended it. The cake was a little dry but not too sweet. The frosting was fantastic or should I say, fab. I've been listeng to the new Feist CD I bought last night from Amoeba. It seems to all fit within the context of Fall in LA.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just found this area about a month ago and thought this place was really cute and had a good atmosphere. I didn't know they had cupcakes or i would have had to have one! looks yummy! was it cream cheese frosting? how was it?
CAFE LA LA said…
Yes, cream cheese frosting. it was a little thick for me but of course I finished it. I got a good buzz off of it.

Popular Posts