Roy's Hawaiian Fusion Cusine





Yeah, there's been quite a few places opening up with "Hawaiian Food" lately. Most of them are fast food places but one in Downtown LA is different. Roy's, 800 South Figueroa Street, LA CA 90017, 213-488-4994, mixes various ethnic flavor's with traditional down-home Hawaiian and then puts a chic spin on the presentation. The Hawaiian food I love is at my family parties, i.e. Christmas or birthday parties. Once in a while my Aunt will get lau-lau's from Hawaii or for a local fundraiser. Other than that, it's slim pickings. I was excited that there was a place that opened up near my work.

"Fusion" and "pricey" are two things to keep in mind. The foods great but i would rather spend half of the cost and go to one of the places in Torrance or Gardena. Well, maybe you'd end up spending that half on gasoline anyway.....I guess it works out.

The highlights were the little tempura mushroom with a touch of sweet and sour sauce in my Caesar salad, the lobster sauce on my Mahi-mahi with the roasted macadamian nuts, and the carmalized slices of banana's on my Coconut Haupia Puffs.

Comments

Popular Posts