MOZZA Pizza



LA LA, maybe not known for pizza per se. I've had great deep dish in Chicago at Duo's and delicious thin crust in Queens, New York. We used to have a great place adjacent to the Capitol Records building in Hollywood but it closed in the late 80's I think.

I was told that a new place opened up on the corner of Melrose and Highland so I went to go check it out. FYI, make reservations, this place gets packed.

I'm writing this for you because it was amazing. I'm not going to flower it with words, just go if you like pizza and have some money to spend. it ain't cheap (www.mozza-la.com).

Rumor has it that it was started by one of the Iron Chef's and one of the co-founder of La Brea Bakery. Even if it's not true, it makes for great folklore and great folklore is what it's all about.

Nothing mythical about the pizza at this place. It's called "MOZZA", 6602 Melrose Avenue, 323-297-0100.

It's not a big place, the people are super nice and the smell when you sit there will melt your heart. I highly recommend you sit at the counter. That way you can see your pizza being made and everyone Else's for that matter. One of the pizza's I ordered was the mushroom pizza that had several types of shrooms and in the first bite, I had visions that they were picked that very morning.

Comments

Mona said…
we finally had the chance to eat at MOZZA. I loved it, I was worried that it might not reach to my expectations, since I've heard so much about their pizza already! But I found the food and the place absolutely amazing... I think they have the best pizza in LA.
we sat at the Pizza Bar which was really fun (thanks for the tip, Alan!)
The colors, smell, ambience, .... makes you hungry even if you are not...
A+
CAFE LA LA said…
I am so glad someone went to Mozza via this blog. What an honor!

Popular Posts