PHO 97



Pho has become very popular here in Los Angeles. There are so many places to eat the delicious Vietnamese noodle/broth dish. Pho, pronounced "fa" as in "do, re, mi, FA", comes in several styles, rare beef, cooked beef, meat balls, however I prefer the simplicity of the Shrimp Pho. It's healthy, filling and delicious.

Pho also is served with ingredients that are optional to put into your bowl i.e. bean sprouts, fresh basil leaves and hot sauces.



My friends and I often go to the one in Chinatown called LA Pho 97, 727 North Broadway, Suite 120. It's inside the buildings plaza area. They also have the best spring rolls I've had in LA, that amazing Vietnamese coffee with the condensed milk, Bun Bo Nao, and Boba Teas.

The Pho ranges from $5 to $6 and is made very quickly, so it rivals fast food if you are in a hurray for lunch. There's parking under the building which they validate or you can take the Metro Gold Line, DASH or bus or better yet, ride your bike.

I always finish my bowl to the bottom. It's a habit I learned at a truck stop Ramen place outside of Tokyo. It tells the chef that I was very happy with what she or he made me.

Comments

Popular Posts