Cru, raw food cuisine




Cru is located at 1521 Griffith Park Blvd, right off of Sunset Blvd. in Silver Lake.

I am a novice when it comes to raw foods. In fact, when my friend artist Robin Strayhorn invited me to Cru, I anticipated another challenging culinary experience based on my first raw food meal a number of years ago. After that first meal, my body continued to de-tox for the following two days.

I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious the food was at Cru. We ordered the ravioli, Thai salad, drinks and a banana split. It was expensive. The final bill was a little under $70, Yikes! I almost never spend that kind of money on lunch.

This is a place that pays attention to detail and clearly spends a lot of time in the preparation of the food. It was delicious, satisfying and memorable. I would definitely go back but not soon. $70 would pay for new drum heads on my Ludwig kit.

Comments

Popular Posts