Fundamental LA on Westwood near UCLA

I've mentioned Teresa Barnett of the UCLA Oral History Program before. She's a LA Treasurer. The work that she and her staff have done in the past decades is phenomenal. Collecting the histories of our time and training folks, like me, in oral history technique is invaluable. I so respect Teresa. i have to see her periodically. I just have to. So we had lunch last week. She always picks a place in Westwood, obviously. She told me Fundamental LA, 1303 Westwood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90024, is a place that UCLA staff bring their prospective hires, i.e. professors, to entice them to come to UCLA. (why would anyone need to be enticed to teach at UCLA? i don't understand that very nmuch but then again i am not an academic). I ordered a salad and stewed beets. Teresa ordered a french press coffee so i copied her. i often copy cool people. The food was excellent, hearty and refreshing. The coffee was note worthy. Teresa, she's the bomb (do people use bomb anymore? I've never been 100% comfortable with using it)

Comments

Popular Posts