Scottish Bakehouse in Martha's Vineyard, MA

My first time on Martha's Vineyard, aptly named by a British military officer who found it so lovely that he named it after his daughter. Also home of the Aquinnah Native Americans who once occupied the land from one end to the other but now, well, you know the story. It's a national moral conflict. I went with a colleague in the arts field. The ferry ride across is really wonderful. I love this form of transportation. I remember the first time I took the ferry from Jersey to Manhattan in the 80's, so fun and last year the one from Hiroshima to Miyajima. This time, it was the kind that transports cars as well so it reminded my of 8 1/2 by Fellini, which inspired me to down the music of Nina Rota. But I digress. My friend is glutton intolerant so he found this bakery on the island that looked promising. Even though we were there for just 24 hours, he bought a box so that he could gorge. It's rough to be glutton troubled because depending where you live, there's often no or little resources. Scottish Bakehouse is pretty awesome. Everything is freshly baled and in the morning, it's a glutton-free heaven. There's no pour over coffee or espresso though. (did I say that?) My breakfast burrito was wonderful. 977 State Rd, Vineyard Haven, MA 02568

Comments

Popular Posts