Seven Grand in Downtown LA

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me... My co-workers took me out for a drink for my birthday. It was a nice co-worker bonding moment. I don't go to bars much but this one was awesome. Seven Grand, 515 W 7th St, 2nd Floor, LA CA 90014 is located in the old Clifton's (not the one on Broadway but the one that closed in the 90's on 7th Street). Beckarama Johnson and Wayne Perry were great hosts and treated me to pizza and Scotch. I told the Whiskey Master that I enjoyed MacCallans 10 (always available at Trader Joe's) but was there a brand he could recommend that was in the ballpark but rare to find in LA? Without any hesitation, he said "Glenfarclas" and he pulled out the 12 year bottle and poured it for me. OMG!!!!! it was the most delicious glass (I take it dry) I had ever had. We ordered two pizzas and had a great time. Wayne and Becky kept ordering cocktails, which I'm never am into. I like my coffee black and my whiskey dry but now-a-days it's mostly tea. Anyway, this galss of Glenfarclas 12 was amazing. I can still smell it's after aroma and the taste is still living in the back of my mouth and it's been fifteen hours already. My goodness, that was amazing stuff.

Comments

Popular Posts