Watson Drugs





Have I ever been to Orange? Nope, never been to the City of Orange, so I was so pleasantly surprised at the quaintness of this place. Driving down the Old Downtown area adjacent to Chapman College, it's so all-American, Little Town USA. Because I'm such a jaded Hollywood-born person, it felt like a movie set for Back To The Future. Watson drugs, 116 E. Chapman Avenue Orange CA 92866, especially caught my eye because painted on the store window was "FOUNTAIN". That word has so many memories and expectations attached to it. I was dropping my friend, painter Celia Ko, off at her friends from Chicago. They were watching a Cubs game when we arrived. We walked to Watson from their cool house and had lunch. I had already ate, conveniently, and ordered a Banana Split. They ordered a burger, onion rings and an egg salad sandwich. I heard the egg salad sandwich was excellent. Celia said the rings were too crunchy but not for me. I liked them. The B-Split was hefty and yummy. They use Thrifty Ice cream, which always brings back memories. Thrifty uses a lot of air in their ice cream. It's tasty but deceiving. In other words, you can eat twice as much as your gourmet type and not get crazy-full. This is a good thing since I had a B-Split just a couple of days before. That's way above my quota.

Comments

Popular Posts