Auntie Ems


Highly touted as the best cupcakes ever by artist Megan DeArmond, Jeffrey James Mohr and I foujnd ourselves in Eagle Rock today to taste the joy. Auntie Em's Kitchen is located at 4616 Eagle Rock Blvd., LA CA 90041, www.auntiemskitchen.com, 323-255-0800. The moment you walk up to the place, there's a great welcoming home-style decor that really feels great. We sat down at one of the many unpretentious tables and were greated with warm smiles. order the lemonade, it's rassberry awesome. There's seating outside in the front, outside in the back and in the two rooms inside. Their menu is made up of seasonal ingredients purchased at local farmer markets. I ordered the chicken stew special which tasted like my Mom's stew. Wow! and I also had a beet salad, delicious. Jeffe had a Pretzel bread sandwhich. I think their were slices of honey ham and dijon mustard, just to name the main ingredients. On his sides were fresh pickles that were crynchy and delicious.

Lastly, the cupcakes. Yes Megan, they may very well be the best.

Comments

Anonymous said…
My friend Courtney & myself are going to LA next week. Do you have any recommendations of places for us to eat?
Anonymous said…
which cupcake did you have? i'm not convinced you mean it. i love their cupcakes but i'm still not sold on the red velvet in general--from anywhere--is it a personal preference thing or have i just not had THE ONE? : ] they've got AMAZING grits with cheese and sausage--large portion, so it's a bit too much (and heavy) for one person. the chicken stew and beet salad sounds yummy--will try next time.
CAFE LA LA said…
Esther, I'm so sorry, I just read your comment. Thank you for leaving one and I hope you ended up eating at great LA dives. Young, I like red velvet cupcakes because they remind me of the movie Blue Velvet and velvet paintings. I just don't have much velvet in my life so I welcome it in any form.

Popular Posts