Jade Wok in LA's Chinatown






 

Two weeks ago, I was speaking with Phillip Hirose of Ajay in Little Tokyo and he said he had the best tofu dish he'd had in a long time.

I found my way to Jade Wok in LA's Chinatown, located at 625 W College Street LA CA 90012, for lunch.

I was lucky to be able to recruit writer, art curator, AI theorist and fellow foodie, Nora Kahn to accompany me.

Item number L14 "Home Made Best Tofu in Town".

Well, a gutsy name bestowed on this entrèe. It blew us away. It's the delicate flavor of homemade tofu, the textures; the richness of the tofu flavor, the complex fried outer layer and then this dark sauce blossoming with garlic. The bed of tofu swims in this savory pool; an amazing experience and Phillip was spot on. Thank you Phillip.

Comments

Popular Posts