Burger Shop in DTLA

 







A fun topic in the foodie world is always "favorite burger". If you are a long time reader of this blog (started in 2007), you know my all time favorite is/was Capitol Burger, RIP.

Since then, I've become a fan of Hawkins but recently, my friend and UCLA Art History professor Tiffany Barber said that she prefers the burger at Burger Shop. I had never heard of this place. Let's go!

I enlisted my fellow foodie friend Elaine Chu, of Asian American Justice and Innovation Lab and we were thoroughly in awe of this all grounded-steak burger.

I ordered the Cheesy Chili Burger (medium well) and Elaine got the Classic Burger.

It's a very messy burger so get lots of napkins. For starters, the chili was beefy and creamy. My goodness. I ate that burger fairly quickly, going through 3-4 napkins.

It's a rich burger, lots of spices and salt. It is so rich and salty that I almost ordered a second Topo Chico. 

I am going back because there's a burger called The Wine Maker that I have got to try. So i will continue this review once I try that item.

Burger Shop is located at 724 S Spring St LA CA 90014, in a food mall with other interesting places like a dumplings/gyoza place.

Comments

Popular Posts