Sal & Carmine Pizza in NYC







Someone told me that NY has the best Pizza, decades ago and so in my mind, pizza = NY.  Earlier this year, I decided to either go to NY or see the Nam June Paik exhibit at SFMOMA. Well, by buddy Mallory Catlett's installation was scheduled to be reinstalled at Mabou Mines so that sealed the deal. I texted the brilliant Bibbe Hansen to ask if I could go to one pizza place in NY, where should that be. Bibbe texted that there weren't anymore authentic NY pizza shops. They all closed. Only designer, expensive, pizza's are being sold in Manhattan. However, she said that Sean Carillo said Sal & Carmine is still open. Bibbe agreed, if it was still open, that would be a pizza that remains in the OG style of NY pizza. So one afternoon, after seeing a park installation by Valerie Hegarty, we all marched to Sal & Pizza, 2671 Broadway, New York, NY 10025. I was in NY for 4 nights. As you probably know, that's a very short time to be in NY. Each meet up was precious, therefore and this was absolutely a gem, to hang out with these amazing artists. Bill, Valerie and David. I am so lucky to have great friends.

Comments

Popular Posts