Park's Finest in Angelino Heights, East Echo Park

In the first two weeks of the pandemic lockdown, when I began to teach myself how to make homemade tortillas, poet Traci Akemi Kato-Kiriyama posted about Park's Finest, a awesome Philippine restaurant in the Historic Philippine District. It was my first time venturing into a eatery that's only open for take out during the Coronavirus era. Folks were very nice but there was general sense of stand off-ish under the circumstances. Neither they nor i had a mask one. it was that early in the pandemic. I got a big bag of food and drove back home in my solitary existence. Man this food was delicious and made for two meals. i have since tried to order take out at least once a week or more to try to support all these places but it can't be easy for them. i don't know how most of them will survive.

Comments

Popular Posts