Sari Sari at Grand Central Market

My friends who are also amazing artists who are also of Filipine descent recommended I try this stall at Grand Central Market, Sari Sari 317 S Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90013. I got this recommendation during an evening at a restaurant touting contemporary Filipine cuisine and all they could do, my friends, is complain about the lack of authenticity of the food, even though it was advertised as "New" Filipine food. I had a chance to meet friends, who were not of Filipine descent, this week for dinner and we were able to grab a bite at Sari Sari. In my mind, I have a list of places I've wanted to try and sometimes I can connect this list with hooking up with friends. Sari Sari had a lot of wonderful items on the menu. I'd forgotten what specifically was recommended to me by my friends. Was it the chicken porridge? Well, that's what I ordered and it was so very good. I hadn't been to the Grand Central Market in a couple of years and there are a handful of new places i'd like to go back and try but all of my favs are still there.

Comments

Popular Posts