Cafe Vida in Culver City

A rare moment when both of my kids were in town, we had dinner along with my daughters friend Stef. They picked Cafe Vida, which i had never been to. The interior was typical of current hip interior, that is, the use of simulated wood panel i.e. 1970's wood paneling. I actually like this although I could understand why it might be over used in some people's mind. The food is actually really good. it does have that simulated feel. For instance, the mole is not deeply rich but rather loosely like mole. BUT, in Culver City, I'm not expecting authentic Mexican food, right? There is a kind of fun atmosphere at Cafe Vida, and in part, that's what you're there for, not for an amazing artistic and richly authentic meal but rather a fun dining experience with good company. 9755 Culver Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232

Comments

Popular Posts