Sees Candy on La Cienega

Sees Candy, 3431 S. La Cienega Blvd, LA CA 90016, 310-559-4919, has been there a long LONG long time. I used to go there with my family as a little kid when we went to FEDCO for groceries and stuff, mostly stuff. I'm pretty sure my aunts obsession with mail order catalogs grew once FEDCO closed. It was a membership place for government employees; my aunt. So decades later, I'm on the recently opened Expo Line platform; La Cienega/Jefferson station and a big wind comes and we are saturated with the dream cloud of sugar and butter. So, without missing a beat, Zipporah says, we have to go to Sees. So we, Z, Brian Moss, Bill Short and I walk over. Brian doesn't like chocolate. Isn't that interesting? He seemed really out of place there. Didn't really understand what the fuss was about, the line to the counter, the smiles and laughter and of course the obsessive eyes of everyone in line. This is the mothership for Sees. They make it in the back, the huge warehouse-candy-chocolate-cook shop.

Comments

Popular Posts