Mel's Diner on Highland in Hollywood




I was subway hoping with my friends and Sean, my friends son, who wanted a burger. He's 4 years old and was getting cranky as we exited the Hollywood Highland Red Line Station. I figured it was either Mickey's Fountain or Mel's Diner. I was afraid I would not be able to resist the banana split at Mickey's Fountain so we went to Mel's at 1650 Highland Ave LA CA 90028. Dana got a traditional cheese burger, Dave and i got the portabello burger (note: no beef patty in the portabello burger) and Sean got a kids menu thing that came in a fold out classic car thing. It was pretty nice. It's kinda Happy Meal-like. I know Mel's is a chain but I keep going back there. It's pricey, trendy-touristy, and the food isn't all that great. I don't know why i keep going back? Sean seemed content and that's all that really mattered. Sugar level back to normal and we went back on the subway. Sean loves riding on the train.

Comments

Popular Posts