Colombos in Eagle Rock






Jeffe was having a bad day at work so we escaped in the afternoon to get a bite to eat. "Where we going?" he asked. At this point, he sort of trusts me, so he's asking more in anticipation than doubt. I honestly had no idea but we found our way onto the 5 so I was thinking Burbank or maybe Silverlake? Pause. "How does steak sound?" I murmured. Pause. "Yeah, that sounds so good" Jeffe said and off we went to Eagle Rock. Colombos is located at 1833 Colorado Blvd, Eagle Rock CA 323-254-9138. I'd been there before to see a funky and hilarious art exhibit by Paul Zaloom. He keeps buying kwirky paintings at garage sales and then painting things into them to kind of pull them into a sort of dark comedy. It's really cool. Well, his paintings weren't up anymore but Colombos is super awesome. It has the Goodfellas vibe and serves a great steak. I ordered the Iron Steak with mash potatoes while Jeffe got the NY Steak. We had a full meal for two under $40.00. That's really a great deal. The Iron Steak (medium) was so tender. Jeffe asked for horseradish which was perfect. I was too happy with the meal and highly recommend this place. They also have live jazz in the evenings and a full bar.

Comments

Popular Posts