Mary's Secret Garden in Ventura CA






After a whole day of my daughter's basketball tournament in Ventura, she crashed in the hotel and I was left on a solo adventure in Downtown Ventura for dinner. Doing this without any research or advance reccomendation is always a krap shoot but I was up for the challenge. At 100 South Fir Street, I stumbled onto a place called Mary's Secret Garden. The moment I walked into this place, I felt very hopeful. Hopeful that my hunger would be satisfied in a very golden way and hopeful because the place had a kind of extra care about it. The food here was excellent and moderately priced. I ordered the soup of the day, a cauliflower mushroom soup with barley and garbanzo beans that was just incredible. The Thai yellow curry was not too spicy and the combo of this delicious yellow sauce and the steaming brown rice was awesome. I ordered the hummus plate as well which I devoured and with my kombucha, this was a really maginificent meal. I walked around the shopping areas afterwards and returned to my hotel room to watch the Lakers beat the Nuggets.

Comments

Popular Posts